Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Age is Just a Number

Lately I have been volunteering at a senior center here in palm Beach...I have met many seniors in their 80's and 90's.. because my eye cant help but photograph people after so many years of doing that,  I look at these ladies and try to see what they looked like 50 years ago.

I am sure some where quite beautiful! When I get to know them better I will ask to see their pictures...This has brought a new reality to my thinking. Models are 13 these days and work till they are 25 and some much more but most of them think they are old at that age. 

Because of the business, they forget that in the real world 80 is old...it is normal in the business to hear from agent things like -  well he is to old or she is to old.. From volunteering at the Center I now see that there is not to old..that is only in our business.

These ladies I bet are still the ageless age of youth on the inside..they glow from the inside out and love the fact that they are alive and are full of gratitude..I went there to be of service to them and instead I am being enlightened....

Since the business does have an age requirement one must take advantage of those years and make wise decisions about the money they make..if you can leave the business with enough money to start your life after modeling then you will not feel the slump of the business and you will not find it hard to survive .. 

Do not become one of the models that is begging for any kind of work you can get...Take it from someone who made all the mistakes..it is not pretty when they tell you you are over and you have nothing to fall on except memories...save your money and pay yourself a salary open a corporation and keep an account of all your business dealings...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing.